Zucchini fondant with saffron & cheeseThursday June 26th, 2014
This is a both refreshing and easy to make recipe, perfect for meals with friends in the summer. I used the first zucchini from my garden 🙂
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Resting time: 1 hour
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 zucchini
- 150g philadelphia cheese
- 100g milk
- 2 eggs
- A little bit of chive
- A pinch of saffron
- Salt, pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven at 160°C with a bain-marie in it.
- Using a mandoline, cut the zucchini into thin slices. Steam for 5 minutes then set on the side.
- Mix together the cheese, milk, eggs, chive, saffron, salt and pepper.
- Pour in some small ramequins covered with baking sheets. Cook during 15 minutes then leave in the oven, turned off, for one hour.
- Take off the fondants from the ramequins, set on a plate and cover with two slices of zucchini. Season with salt, pepper and a bit of olive oil.
I recommend with this zucchini fondant awhite Lirac. The acidity of the wine will cut through the fondant and the saffron will echo the aromas of the Rhône white grapes (grenache blanc, clairette, viognier, roussanne and bourboulenc.