Oriental style stuffed zucchini ToastsThursday July 28th, 2016
An original recipe that changes from meat-stuffed zucchini. Spicier, healthier and more original. A recipe created according to my inspiration of the day!
Serves 2/3 | Preparation time: 20 minutes | Baking time: 40 minutes 220°C
- 1 large or 2 small zucchini
- 60 ml de semolina + same quantity of boiling water
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout spice
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste (according to taste)
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 6 thin slices sourdough bread
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon ground chilli pepper (according to taste)
- 6 slices chorizo
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon ground parmigiano cheese
- 1 branch of fresh rosemary
- Salt & Pepper
Wash the zucchinis, cut into large slices and dig each one of them. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and leave to drain for a couple of hours.
Fry the diced onion and chorizo in a pan (or your thermomix!)
Using 60 ml boiling water, 1 teaspoon harissa, one teaspoon ras el hanout and 60 ml semolina, prepare your semolina. Add salt and pepper.
Preheat the oven (220°C).
Blend your semolina, onion + chorizo mixture and ricotta cheese.
Place your bread slices in an ovenproof dish covered with greaseproof paper. Rub each of them with your garlic clove. Spread a bit of harissa paste.
Place each zucchini slice on a piece of bread. Stuff each one of them with your semolina mixture. Sprinkle some rosemary and ground chilly, as well as the zucchini leftovers.
Add the vegetable stock and bake for 40 minutes.