Summer Tapas: Turkey Saltimbocca, red beans mash and black olive polentaSunday June 9th, 2013
This summer tapas recipe is perfect for apéritif and long summer evenings!
Preparation: 1 hour
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6)
– 6 turkey fillets
– 6 slices of cured ham
– 2 branches of sage
– 100 g polenta
– 50 cl milk
– 100 g stoned black olives
– 100 g red beans
– 1 bouquet garni
– Espelette chilly
– Salt, pepper
– Olive oil
– The day before, soak the beans in cold water. If you do not have enough time, you can use canned beans which you will not need to soak and cook.
– The day after, cook the beans with the bouquet garni during 1 hour.
– In the meantime dice the olives.
– Bring the milk to the boil. Add polenta. Cook on a low heat, stirring gently during 15 minutes. Add the olives. Season then pour in a large tray to have a layer of approx. 1 cm width. Let this cool down then shape into small cakes using a cookie/scone cutter.
– When the beans are cooked, drain and purée (using a blender). Season and, if necessary, liquify a bit using some cream or milk.
– Place the turkey fillets between two aluminium sheets. Using a saucepan, flatten them. Cut them into three pieces, then add a piece of ham and one sage leaf on each. Roll and hold with a toothpick.
– On a plancha or a hot grill, quickly heat the polenta cakes.
– Grill the saltimboccas 2 min on each side, season with salt, pepper and Espelette chilly.
– To serve: Spread a layer of beans puree on each polenta cake. Add 1 saltimbocca and one sage leaf.
To match this recipe that has many different and stong flavours, a powerfull wine with olive anf liquorice aromas such as the Rasteau du Château de la Gardine will be perfect.