THE quarantine recipe: Cocotte bread🥖🏠Friday April 10th, 2020
So called "Cocotte Bread" is THE quarantine star recipe. So I tried it! And I have to say that it actually works. I used to make lots of bread 10 years ago when I lived in the UK and I would have loved to have that recipe. Baking the bread in a cocotte keeps it soft and avoids it from drying.
Servings 6 personnes
- Thermomix ou robot pétrisseur
- 300 g water
- 15 g fresh yeast
- 510 g flour (55 type, you can mix with up to one third of some other flour such as chestnut, maize, etc.)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 10 g butter
- Put water and yeast in your thermomix or baking robot.
- Add flour and salt on top.
- Knead for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Leave to rise covered with a cean cloth for at least 1 hour, or even better, overnigth in the fridge. A long and slow rise helps develop even more aroma.
- Work the dough in order to release all gas and bubbles in it.
- Shape into an oval or ound ball and place in your cocotte previsouly greased with somme butter.
- Using a sharp knife, make thin cuts in the bread.
- Using a brush, slightly moister the top of your bread.
- Place in the cold oven and bake fo one hour at the highest temperature (250°C).
- You can keep this bread 2 to 3 days, protected from air in a clean cloth.