Grandma’s Swiss Chard gratin🥬👵🍴Saturday June 13th, 2020
Swiss Chard gratin
Swiss Chard are highly underrated! They are very healthy and very easy to cook! My grandmummy had some in her garden and use to make some "gratins" with it, I loved it... I already published a swiss chard recipe on my blog, this one is more traditional, grandma's style 🙅♀️👵!
Servings 4 personnes
- 50 g grated cheese
- 1 kg Swiss Chard
- 500 g Water
- 60 g flour
- 400 g milk
- Separate the white and green parts of your swiss chard.
- Blanch the green parts.
- Cook the white parts in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare your bechamel: Mix flour and milk.
- Add slat, pepper and grated nutmeg.
- Place in a saucean and heat gently while stirring until it gets thicker.
- Preheat the oven thermostat 6 / 180°C.
- Cover an ovenproof dish with baking paper.
- Place the white parts of the swiss chards at the bottom, then the green bits and bechamel on top.
- Add some grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.