Pear, caramel and orange zest Christmas log 🎄🍐🍊Sunday December 22nd, 2019
Pear, caramel and orange zest Christmas log
A quite easy Christmas log recipe, with plenty of fruit.
Servings 6 servings
- 25 g walnuts
- 20 g almonds
- 20 g wheat flour
- 60 g icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 150 g milk
- 1,5 gelatine sheets
- 120 g caster sugar
- 200 g pears in syrup
- 40 g honey
- 260 g mascarpone
- Some orange zest
- Preheat the oven (180°C).
- Put 25 g walnuts, 20 g almonds and 10 g flour in your thermomix bowl. Mix for 10 seconds, speed 10. Set aside.
- Beat 2 eggwhites, add 20g icing sugar. Gently blend with the walnut mixture.
- Pour in an ovenproof tray covered with baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C. Leave to cool in a wet cloth (to keep your biscuit from drying and breaking into pieces).
Caramel - Pear Cream
- Put 150 g milk in your thermomix bowl, set on 3 min/80°C/speed 1.
- Place 1.5 gelatine sheets in cold water.
- Prepare your caramel: place 100g caster sugar in a saucepan, heat until your reach in golden colour, then add milk. Mix well.
- Place 200 g diced pears in syrup on an oven tray covered with baking sheet. Pour 40 g honey on top, blend gently, then bake at 240°C for 15 minutes. Place on the side.
- Put 2 eggyolks with 20 g caster sugar in the thermomix bowl. Place the whip in your bowl. Mix for 2 minutes at speed 3.5.
- Add 1 g flour and mix for 30 seconds at speed 3.5.
- Add the caramel milk and heat for 7 minutes / 90°C / speed 3.5.
- Add the gelatine sheets and whip for 1 minute / speed 3.5.
- Add 130 g mascarpone and blend for 2 minutes / Speed 3.5.
- Mix the remaining mascarpone with 40 g icing sugar.
- Place the caramel mixture in your log mould
- Cover with pears and orange zests.
- Add a layer of mascarpone.
- Finish with a strip of biscuit.
- Place in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
Decorating and serving
- Place your log in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Unmold your log.
- Decorate using some cooking spray and some christmas decorations.