Lemon tart as a Xmas log 🍋🎄😄Tuesday December 31st, 2019
Lemon meringue christmas log
A christmas adaptation of the famous lemon meringue pie.
Servings 6 servings
- 200 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 50 g butter
- 100 g lemon juice
- 40 g limoncello
- 20 cl liquid cream
- 2 gelatine sheets
- 5 g vanilla extract
- 35 g flour
- 15 g maize flour
- 60 g water
- 2 eggwhites
- Preheat the oven (180°C)
- Whisk 2 eggs with 30 g caster sugar and 5 g vanilla extract.
- Add 35 g flour and 15 g maize flour.
- Place in a baking tray covered with baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Release from the try and leave to cool on the side.
- Place 2 gelatine sheets in cold water.
- Place 20 cl liquid cream in a bowl in the fridge
- Whisk together 40 g caster sugar, 2 eggs, 50 g butter and 100 g lemon juice.
- Cook "au bain marie" in a saucepan until it thickens.
- Add the gelatine sheets, mix well.
- Leave to cool on the side or even better, in the fridge.
- Whisk the liquid cream until it holds together.
- Gently blend with the cold lemon cream. Leave on the side.
- Put 40 g water with 50 g caster sugar and 40 g limoncello in a saucepan. Bring to the boil.
- Put on the biscuit to make it softer.
- Put the lemon mousse in a log mould.
- Add a string of biscuit on top.
- Place in the freezer.
- Whisk 2 eggwhites with one pinch of salt until stiff.
- Put 100 g caster sugar and 20 g water in a saucepan. When it reaches 121 °C, pour slowly on the eggwhites, while still whisking.
- Keep whisking for about 5-10 minutes to cool down. Place in a pastry bag fitted with a cone-shaped tip.
- Preheat the oven, grill position, 250°C.
- Unmould the log.
- Using the pastry bag, cover the log with meringue.
- Place under the grill for 10 minutes, until the meringue slightly turns gold.
- Place in the freezer for about 6 hours and place in the fridge 2 hours before serving.
- Decorate to your taste.