Super-moist Banana & Strawberry muffinsSunday April 6th, 2014
An easy and quick recipe for some both delicious and super moist muffins with strawberry and banana.
Makes 12 regular sized muffins. Preparation time: 20 minutes.
- 110 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 240 ml fresh strawberries cut into bite sized pieces
- 295 grams all-purpose flour
- 160 grams light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°C).
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the eggs, vanilla extract and mashed banana. Add the melted butter and stir to combine.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Gently fold in the berries, making sure they are coated with flour (this helps to prevent the berries from sinking during baking.) Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir only until the ingredients are just combined. Do not over mix the batter or tough muffins will result.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Place in the oven and bake during about 20 to 25 minutes depending on the size. They might look undercooked but this is normal. This is what you want for them to be perfectly moist (just like Starbucks’ not to name it 😉 ). Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Can be stored for a few days at room temperature or frozen but they taste at their best when eaten the day they have been made 🙂