Swiss chards have become unfashionable and are hard to find. But I love them as they remind me of my grandmas recipes. This is the reason why I grow some in my ktchen garden. This recipe is a bit more modern than the classic Swiss Chards gratin….
- One ready rolled tart crust or supper quick 3 steps tart crust
- 2 onions
- One handfull of Swiss Chards
- A bunch of parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground curry
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 eggs
- 20 cl light cream
- 20 cl milk
- 50 g grated cheese
- 2 teaspoons mustard (aux Maille with Apricot & Curry Spices for me)
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat the oven (180°C).
Fry the thinly sliced onions in a pan, or using your thermomix like me!
Add spices and Swiss Chards whites, cut into slices. You can add the blanched green bits, but personnally I prefer to serve them as a side salad, with only oil and vinegar.
Cook for 5 minutes, then add parsley.
Beat the eggs, add milk and cream, season to taste. Add the Swiss Chard preparation and cheese.
Spread mustard on your dough. Add the Topping, bake for 35 minutes.